MPyC Academy Masterclass Series is,
an educational initiative by Music in PyeongChang, which offers invaluable opportunities for budding musicians to learn from world class professional artists featured in the MPyC summer festival each year.
The masterclasses will be provided free of charge to the 36 selected applicants.
The masterclasses will be held at the Music Tent and the Pyeongchang Hall of Pyeongchang Alpensia Resort during the festival (28 July to 7 August 2021), and will be open to the public.
※ Please note that different rules on eligibility apply for different disciplines.
Dates: July 28th – August 7th, 2021
Venue : Music Tent and the Pyeongchang Hall of Pyeongchang Alpensia Resort
Applications open : May 24th – June 19th, 2021
Announcement of selected applicants : June 28th, 2021
※ Piano, violin, viola, cello, voice, guitar, oboe, bassoon, horn, trumpet and timpani: Open to all applicants
※ Clarinet and Flute: Not open to high school students. Primary and middle school students, university and postgraduate students, and graduates can apply.
– In line with the national guidelines on the prevention of Covid-19,
entry will be forbidden to those without a face mask or those with symptoms related to Covid-19.
– A total of 18 artists in 13 different disciplines will teach 36 students in one-on-one lessons open to the public.
– MPyC will provide an accompanist, but those who wish to perform with their own accompanist may choose to do so at their own cost.
– An interpretation service will be provided in case the teaching is done in a language other than Korean.
– Masterclasses will be photographed and filmed, and they can be used for promotion of MPyC.
– The tuition is free, but a fee of KRW 10,000 per person will apply to observe in the audience.
However, the fee will be waived for the residents of Gangwon Province on presentation of a proof of address.
How to apply
1) Upload a video of your performance within the last 12 months, which must be no shorter than 10 minutes in length, using an online channel such as YouTube.
2) www.mpyc.kr > Education > Master’s Class > Master’s Class Application
2) Submit a completed online application form. (No postal applications accepted)
▼Please see the table below for the disciplines open to applications and eligibility criteria▼
▼Master Class Schedule▼
For further information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org / +82-33-240-1368